Earn Free Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit
Learn about Barricaid, earn 1.0 CME credit hours
Hear from Brandon Strenge, MD and his PA Benjamin J. Kirchner, PA-C on how they use Barricaid to address the challenge of recurrent herniation following discectomy.
CREDIT AVAILABLE TO:
- Physician assistants (PA)
- Nurse practitioners (NP)
- Recognize the complexity and importance of lumbar biomechanics and disc nutrition
- Explain the factors associated with elevated risk of recurrent herniation and reoperation after lumbar discectomy
- Identify the goal of annular closure
- List the available (or previously used) methods of closing holes in the annulus at the time of lumbar discectomy and their impact on the risk of herniation and reoperation
- Examine the factors that define a patient likely to benefit from annular closure
- Describe the steps required to implant a bone-anchored annular closure device
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
- In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- HMP Education designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This continuing nursing education internet enduring activity awards 1.00 contact hour.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #13255 for 1.00 contact hour.
- NURSE PRACTITIONER
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Program accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS
- HMP Education has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with the AAPA CME Criteria. This internet enduring activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 credit. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- For more information and full disclaimers, please visit https://hmpeducation.com/program/22-wccme-202